Lax Design Oy is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement applies to the processing of the personal information of our customers, potential customers, partners and users of the Website. In this privacy statement, we explain in more detail:
- Who is the data controller and what are its contact details?
- What kind of personal information we process and where the information is collected
- For what purposes do we use personal data and what is the legal basis for the processing
- How long we keep the data
- What kind of influence you have
- Where we transfer and disclose information
- How we protect your information
- When do we act as a joint registrar
- How we can make changes to this privacy statement
Please read the contents of this privacy statement. Please also be aware that our site may contain links to third party services. If you click on these links and switch to a third-party service, we encourage you to review the privacy practices of that page.
1. WHO IS THE REGISTRAR?
Lax Design Oy ("Lax Design")
Business ID: 3165731-2
Address: Taipaleenharjuntie 8, 93140 Spark
Contact information: email@example.com
2. WHAT DATA DO WE PROCESS AND WHERE IS IT COLLECTED?
We typically process the following information:
- consumer customer information such as name, contact information, contact information, billing information, ordering information such as information about purchased products and equipment and their product and registration numbers, direct marketing consents and prohibitions, information about websites opened through customer or marketing communications, other information provided by the data subject
- contact information for business customers, such as name, contact information, title, and contact information, contact organization, such as name, business ID, contact information and billing information, ordering information, such as information about purchased products and equipment and any product or registration numbers, direct marketing consents and prohibitions, information about websites opened through customer or marketing communications
- contact information for potential customers, such as name, contact information, title, and information about the organization represented by the contact person, such as name, business ID, contact information, information about websites opened through customer or marketing communications
- contact information for partners, such as name, contact information, title, and contact information, and information about the organization the contact person represents, such as name, business ID, contact information, and billing information
- website visitor information, such as name and contact information provided through a contact form or chat, automatically collected log information, and information collected by cookies describing the user's terminal and use of the Website in accordance with Section 5. You can also visit our website without providing any personally identifiable information.
We obtain information about our customers and partners from the registrant himself or from an organization he or she represents, credit partners or authorities. We collect information about potential customers from public sources, such as the trade register, company websites or professional profiles, such as LinkedIn, or through contacts made through websites.
3. WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF USING PERSONAL DATA AND WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING?
We process data for the following purposes:
- Implementation of Services and Delivery of Products: We will process the information you provide to fulfill an agreement we have entered into with you or the organization you represent. We may not contact you regarding matters related to your agreement, manage your digital customer account, deliver the newsletter you subscribe to, or bill you for our products or services, or monitor or charge fees without processing your personal information. This processing is based on a contractual relationship (if you are a party to the agreement yourself) or a substantive connection with the organization you represent and our legitimate interest.
- Marketing: We process and disclose your information based on our legitimate marketing interests. Marketing, such as targeting advertising through cookies and direct electronic marketing to consumer customers, may also be based on your consent.
We use partners in marketing and digital advertising. For example, we use Facebook’s “custom audiences” to target advertising to our existing customers on Facebook. Facebook's custom audiences are created by creating an encrypted tag in your browser based on your email address or phone number, which is compared to Facebook's encrypted tags. This can be used to target advertising on Facebook to our customers or to create target groups that resemble our customers' profiles. We do not receive information about which tags passed to Facebook end up in the final audience and which tags cannot be matched on Facebook. Facebook, on the other hand, doesn’t get information from us about who’s behind the tag. We can also do similar advertising and marketing with our other partners. For more information about third parties and cookies used in digital advertising, see sections 5 and 7 of this privacy statement.
- Lotteries and competitions: We organize lotteries and competitions in which you can participate if you wish. Processing is based on consent given at the time of participation. You can withdraw your consent at any time when you are no longer in the draw or competition.
- Business Development: We process your information to develop our business and services. This treatment is based on our legitimate interest.
Ensuring data security and investigating instances of abuse: We process your data to ensure data security in line with our statutory obligations. From time to time, we may also need to use the data to prevent or investigate abuse. For instance, automatically collected log information helps us to manage and supervise the actions of the information system users as well as the authorized use of data in accordance with our legitimate interest.
Safeguarding our rights: We may have to process personal information, for example to resolve disputes. This treatment is based on our legitimate interest.
- Enforcing Statutory Obligations: We may be required to retain some of your personal information in order to comply with accounting or other mandatory laws, such as the Product Liability Act. From time to time, we have to carry out the repair and recall campaigns required by the authority. In this case, the processing is based on compliance with a legal obligation.
To the extent that the processing is based on a legitimate interest, we believe that the processing will benefit both you and us. The processing of personal information allows you to obtain relevant information about our agreement or services. Given the nature and purpose of the data, we consider that the processing does not infringe your fundamental rights or freedoms. You can oppose marketing at any time. You may object to other treatment based on a legitimate interest on the basis of your personal situation, as described in section 6.
We do not make automated decisions that would have legal implications or otherwise significantly affect you
4. HOW LONG DO WE STORE THE DATA?
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described above. The shelf life is mainly as follows:
- we retain personal information for as long as the customer or contract relationship is active (e.g., the contract relationship or direct marketing consent is in effect or the business customer contact has not prohibited marketing) and for approximately two years after the purposes described in this privacy statement, such as contract management, business development and marketing;
after the aforementioned retention period, we will retain the data for approximately five years to respond to any complaints; and
- we will retain any personal information that may be included in the documents for seven years in order to comply with our accounting obligations.
Upon expiration of the above retention periods, we will delete the data unless it is necessary to retain it for a longer period of time, for example to respond to a legal claim or regulatory inquiry, or to comply with product liability or other mandatory legislation.
5. HOW ARE COOKIES USED ON THE SITE?
Cookies do not move online by themselves, but are set on the user's terminal only with the site the user invites. Only the server that sent the cookie can later read and use the cookie. Cookies or other technologies do not damage the user's terminal or files, and cannot be used to access programs or spread malware.
- device-related information, such as device type, browser version, screen size, operating system, IP address;
- a unique cookie or mobile identifier; and
- information about your use of the online services, such as information about page views, time and duration spent on the online services, navigation on the online services, or content you have viewed, such as articles or e-commerce products
We may use session-specific cookies that expire when you close your web browser, as well as persistent cookies that remain on your device for a period of time or until you delete them. The validity period of persistent cookies typically varies from a few months to a few years.
The so-called first-party cookies are set by the website that appears in the address bar. In addition to these, our website uses the so-called cookies from third parties, such as advertising technology providers and social media services.
We classify cookies according to their use as follows:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary to use our services and their functions, such as logging in or implementing chat and shopping cart functionality.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies provide us with information about how we use our sites. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., to analyze the use of our websites and to better serve our users. The information stored in the cookies used by Google's tools will continue to be sent to Google's servers around the world. As a result, such data may be processed on servers located outside the user's country of residence. The information it receives is used by Google to evaluate your browsing experience and to provide you with summary reports about your use of the site. In addition, Google conducts surveys of the services we provide in connection with the Websites and provides statistics on Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to target advertising elsewhere on the Internet. Advertising cookies are, in principle, third-party cookies. Some of these third parties process data as independent controllers, and you can find more information about the processing of your personal information in their privacy policies. Advertising cookies are set by e.g. Google and Facebook.
You can influence cookies in the following ways:
- Delete cookies: You can delete or clear cookies from your browser settings to reset the profile associated with the previous tag.Block cookies: You can block cookies in your browser settings.
- Blocking cookies may affect the functionality of our services or prevent us from using our services, such as login or shopping cart functionality.
- Advertising Targeting Prevention: Your Online Choices offers a comprehensive package of information about online advertising and the ability to opt out of browser-based advertising. It's important to note that after a ban, you'll see as much advertising as before, but the ads may not be targeted to you or may be of interest to you. You can also target your ads directly to a third-party site. For example, on Facebook, you can influence advertising here.
6. WHAT POSSIBLE OPPORTUNITIES DO YOU HAVE?
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exercise the rights described below:
- Right of inspection: You have the right to receive confirmation that personal data concerning you is being processed or is not being processed. If your personal information is processed, you have the right to a copy of the personal information provided that the provision of the information does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Right to rectify and delete data: At your request, we will correct or delete personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or unnecessary for the purpose of the processing. The data will not be deleted if they are necessary, for example, for the preparation, presentation or defense of a legal claim.
- Data Transfer: You may choose to have the personal information you provide, which we automatically process by consent or agreement, transferred to yourself or to a third party in a machine-readable form.
Right to Prohibit Direct Marketing and Related Profiling: You may at any time prohibit the disclosure and processing of your information for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent: You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to object and limitation: You can object to a treatment based on a legitimate interest on the basis of your personal situation. For example, in such a situation, the processing is limited to the time when the grounds for opposing the processing are assessed. Processing can also be restricted to e.g. when you dispute the accuracy of personal information, in which case the processing is limited to the time during which we can ensure the accuracy of the information. If there is a compelling reason for processing that overrides your rights or freedoms or the processing of the data is necessary to establish, present or defend a legal claim, we will contact you to continue processing the data.
- Right of Complaint: You may file a complaint with an authority if your personal information has been processed in violation of this Privacy Statement and applicable law. Contact information for the supervisory authority, the Data Protection Commissioner, can be found at: www.tietosuoja.fi. However, please contact us first so that we can resolve the matter amicably.
In order to exercise the rights described above, please contact the address given in section 1. You can also object to or withdraw your consent to direct marketing via the link at the end of each post. We ask that you verify your identity so that we can ensure that the information is not passed on to anyone other than the data subject himself.
7. WHERE IS THE DATA TRANSFERRED AND TRANSMITTED?
We use subcontractors, such as transport companies, warehousing operators, and information system suppliers, to process the data, and we guarantee that the data will be processed in accordance with the legislation in force at the time. If we transfer data outside the EU or the EEA, we will ensure an adequate level of protection of personal data, including by agreeing on matters relating to the confidentiality and processing of personal data as required by law, such as recourse to EU model contract clauses.
We will not disclose the information to third parties for their own, independent use in cases other than those listed below:
- Authorities: We may disclose personal information as required by the applicable authorities, based on applicable law.
- Marketing: We may disclose your information to selected affiliates for marketing purposes unless prohibited.
- Affiliates: We may disclose your information to our affiliates for legitimate purposes unless you have refused to do so.
- Mergers and acquisitions: If we sell, merge or otherwise organize our business, personal information may be disclosed to buyers and their advisors.
- Collection and Legal Claims: We may disclose your information to our selected partners for the collection of our claims and for legal claims
8. HOW IS THE DATA PROTECTED?
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal information against unauthorized processing. Such means include the use of firewalls and encryption technologies, appropriate access control, restricted access, instruction of personnel involved in the processing of personal data, and careful selection of subcontractors.
9. WHEN DO WE WORK AS A JOINT REGISTRAR
To the extent that we maintain a page on Facebook or another similar social media service or utilize their functionality, such as the like button on our site, we may be co-registrars. with your service provider. For example, through Facebook's fan pages, we collect statistical information, e.g. About the likes and visits to our Facebook pages, the visibility of our posts, and the demographics of the people who reached our posts. In addition, we see public information about people who like or comment on our pages, such as their name and profile picture, and other information, in accordance with the privacy settings you set up on Facebook. For more information about the processing of personal information, see the privacy practices of Facebook or another similar social media service.
10. CAN THIS DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT BE AMENDED?
We are constantly developing our services and may change this privacy statement. Changes may also be based on changes in legislation or regulatory guidance. We recommend that you regularly review the contents of this Privacy Statement on our website.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on December 9, 2021.